Sunday, October 10, 2010

This Blog

The purpose of creating this blog is to help me get back on track with learning Mandarin. Took a long hiatus... Now that am not teaching and almost done with my dissertation, I thought it's high time to continue where I left off. This time, however, I'm not going to memorize sounds but rather produce sounds through songs. Yes- songs. I'm a music lover by heart, and not a single day go by without listening to music. I just have got to have music around me. It's in the family, I guess, so blame my mom!

Anyway, what I'll be doing is to learn Mandarin using music videos. I think my level is upper intermediate to advanced- give and take. So I can pretty much understand most of the words. If I don't understand a word, then I'd post it here and then relayed to my Twitter and FB accounts so my network of student-teacher-mentors could help. Simple.

Let the learning begin...again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment